Monday, February 23, 2009

Snow day

We have had a very long week over here in Maine. Tons of snow, me with a bad cold, Audrey’s ear infection and her insurance fiasco, Brandon out of town for the past two weeks, ext, ext, ext….
So with winter break ending, the idea of getting up early and getting Abby on the bus, Audrey missing yet another day of school, and running off to the YMCA for Anna’s swim lessons at 9am was a bit daunting… So I did it, I wished that the little snow we were supposed to get would be enough to close school…

WELL I TAKE IT ALL BACK!!!!!!

We got over a foot!!! I can no longer turn around in my driveway. The plower is working on getting a front loader in here so he can move some of the snow out of the way. He says that there are a lot of people with the same problem. There just isn’t enough room for all the snow we have had this winter. It doesn’t melt in between snow storms here, it just piles higher and higher… There is so much snow piled up at the end of the driveway that it is over my head for about 10 ft wide, all the way across the front of my yard!!! It’s insane!!!! I was out there shoveling for 2 ½ hours this morning!!! When I got a shovel full of snow I had to hoist it up over my head to get it on the pile!!! It reminded me of when I was a kid shoveling out my Dad’s fish hold on the boat. Ugh…. If this keeps up I won’t have to go to the gym, I will be getting all the exercise I need right here at home… My mail box was buried under 2 ft of snow. I had to shove the shovel into the pile just to find the thing!!! Two of my friends don’t have power. One of them since 10:30 last night when some power lines fell across her street!!!! I am glad we have power so we are warm. We might be having a few guests tonight so they can get out of the cold.

Anyway here are some pictures.


Pretty pictures





Route 17

Mailbox

The house, there is a swing set right to the left of the car behind the snow!!!



Disappearing driveway

Brandon's car

Car parked in little tunnel I made so I could clean out our parking spots

IS IT SPRING YET!?!?!?!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Another plus for your next destination... you won't have that kind of snow in Sitka! However, the same could be said about Honolulu. Really, Sitka's a wonderful choice.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home